2015 knocked the doors. And traditionally, we make New Year resolutions and sketch a very blurred plan to self-improvement (that we usually forget about somewhere in the middle). But there are certain things I’d want to
engrave in stone put down here to not to forget. It usually works – when I say something out loud on the blog where all of you can see my self-promises, they become less “self” and it feels like I sort of can’t let you down and just erase what I’ve said before.
2014 was probably the most eventful year of my life.
All the greatest things happened in 2014, while I was 25. In chronological order it looks roughly like this:
– Personal life and my little family. My soulmate and the best man in the whole world proposed me from the other continent, we were counting nights and days in separate countries physically but always as one whole in our hearts till our little bohemian wedding that happened on the 4th of April, 2014.
– Professional life. I have quit my visual merchandiser job at Forever21 and made one step towards something more meaningful. (I still see mannequins, fixtures and hardware in my dreams though)
– Just another BIG move. I have moved to Los Angeles, where we are currently nesting and building our little family together. I had a slightly hard adaptation period, California totally has my heart, but my soul belongs to Tel Aviv (forever ever).
– Blogging. I have expanded the boundaries of TLV Birdie Blog from just a tiny personal space to share some of my observations and photo stories to something bigger, something different and consistent. It started with the blog rebranding, but to be honest, it was the whole new chapter in TLV Birdie Blog life. New audience, new partnerships, new opportunities.
– Personal growth. I started to listen to myself. To my story. To the things I truly love. I started to work on my skills, days and nights. I started to compare less. I started to set higher goals.
2015 will be amazing, and I am so excited for it!
Here are some of my New Year resolutions for BLOGGING:
– Less plans, more action. Sometimes I can see higher engagement and more personal satisfaction from spontaneous project rather than from carefully planned ones. Sometimes I find myself writing tons of to do lists that I never go back later. On the other hand, I have to be organized and stand by deadlines. My goal is to find the balance.
– Greater projects, greater responsibilities. In the 2015, I want to collaborate more and to do amazing stuff with amazing people from amazing companies. Naturally, this will bring more responsibilities, obligations and due dates. I am so ready to put some weight on my shoulders, and to achieve dreamy results with dreamy projects.
– Community first. I want you to feel like home while hanging on TLV Birdie Blog. As I would thoughtfully offer you tea and cookies at my own place, I will do that virtually at my TLV Birdie home as well : more link parties, giveaways ( first truly awesome giveaway for you guys is on it’s way!) and useful blogging tips will appear throughout the 2015!
– Double every score. This is practically my main motivation for 2015. Literally, I am going at least to double my following on every social media platform (Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Bloglovin) as well as email subscribers and visitors. But also metaphorically, – raising the goals higher all the way. I do not believe in Cinderella stories with overnight success, but I do believe in hard work, creative approach and building a genuine community.
My personal goal for 2015 is the only one – to find the right balance. In relationship, in creative projects, in social life, in personal growth. I find it totally reachable with the right portion of self-awareness.
Happy New Year and Happy New Projects!
It would be a pleasure to see you through 2015 following along on
Please feel free to share your own New Year Resolutions in comments, I’d love to know what you’re up to!
And here’s a little hello from Independent Fashion Bloggers network weekly roundup featuring my article about Passion for blogging and personal projects. Make sure to take time to visit these links and show some love to fellow bloggers (let it be the first step towards the New Year’s resolutions) :
Happy New Year!
If you’re still in your pajamas, you’re not alone. Take it easy today, the holidays are officially over. You can start your resolutions tomorrow, but if you’re at a loss as to what to resolute, check out these links from IFB’s most dedicated members!
Links à la Mode: January 1st
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Beauty Board: Blue Crush
- Coocoo for Coco: Which Drugstore Dry Shampoo Should You Buy?
- Head to Heels: Style Resolutions for 2015
- Hirvio Mur: About That Inspiration
- Invictus: The Fringe Jacket
- Moda Vracha’s Spot: 10 Fashion Bloggers to Follow This Year
- Ms. Fabulous: Finding Art in High Heels
- Pumps & Studs: How to Chose Comfortable Heels
- Purushu: Illustrations from Lakme Fashion Week
- Sew Overdressed: How to Define Your Style
- Sheela Writes: Dressing My Age
- Story Book Apothecary: Top 21 Best Beauty Products in 2014
- Style Bizzare: The Truth About Working From Home
- Style Through Her Eyes: 3 Things to Do Before I’m 30
- That Paki Blog: Fashion Photography in Pakistan
- The Daily Luxe: 14 Fashion Moments That Defined 2014
- TLV Birdie: About Passion And Blogging for Personal Projects
- We Are Ready Made: The Man Who Saved The World
- What Pixies Wear: Why I Still Shop At American Apparel
- Wheeling Along 24: How to Pose in a Wheelchair
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
Join TLV Birdie Blog Newsletter :