Raise your hand if you’re not a fan of lavender. Anyone? Oh, you? Well, I am on a mission to change your mind after reading this Field Guide To Beauty new post dedicated to one and only, gorgeously blossoming and filling the room with elegant Provance-alike aroma, that is also happen to be a gold-mine of natural skin benefits – Lavender. You already know why Aloe Vera is good for your skin, so here’re the reasons to add Lavender to your green beauty routine as well.
Illustration by Kelsey aka Kelzuki – naturally charming, always inspiring and extremely talented illustrator and TLV Birdie Blog contributor. For more illustrations by Kelsey make sure to follow her over-addicting Instagram page.
5 main Lavender skin benefits you should know about:
- Who knew that Lavender is one of the Nature’s best antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent! It is used in cleansing skincare products not only too boost the fragrance, but to add more efficiency to the clarifying process as well.
- Lavender also helps to regulate acne. Besides the fact it inhibits the bacteria that causes acne, lavender also normalizes the over-production of sebum and helps faster healing of acne and post-acne scars too.
- Speaking of healing, due to Lavender antiseptic properties it is also used to help faster healing and bringing relief to cuts, insect bites and minor burns, including sunburns.
- Lavender is a detoxifying element. Handful of nature-derived antioxidants to reduce the daily stress your skin gets “thanks to” pollution and big city life.
- Lavender calms your body, and soul. The oh-so-hyped relaxing effect of Lavender aromatherapy effect is actually hyped for a reason, for a declared scientific reason. “The scent of lavender increases alpha waves in the area of the brain responsible for relaxation,” according to Alan Hirsch, M.D., neurological director for the Smell and Taste Research Foundation in Chicago. Got it?
For your beauty shelf : 5 green beauty products that contain Lavender
From top to bottom, these skin treats are amazing on so many levels:
- I turn to Isa’s Restoratives Blue Beauty Balm ($68) every time I need some proper skin relief, or overnight skin miracle. |link to my review|
- Skin Owl Lavender Beauty Drops ($30) are created especially for sensitive skin prone to acne, and in my personal opinion are the way to go in order to take control over combination skin! |more of my thoughts here|
- Another great way to a cleaner skin is Prim Botanicals Face Oil ($58) that I’ve introduced you in details in this post. Deep nourishing and extremely comforting formula with a kick-ass ingredients list!
- Every time I touch a bottle of Kypris Clearing serum ($62) is like touching a sacred something to me. Well yes, it is partially for the reason it is relatively expensive, but clear, blemish-free face worth every drop of this beauty elixir! The most effective topical treatment for problematic skin I’ve ever put my hands on. After my first introduction to this serum that happened here, this is my holy skin grail, period.
- Want to know one more secret of overnight skin wonder? Though Lavender is not one of the major ingredients of Mahalo Balm ($72), this skin treat is essential for your beauty shelf if you’re seeking a deeply moisturizing, soothing and balancing formula. A little goes a long way, read more about this balm in this review of mine.
*THIS POST CONTAINS PRODUCTS THAT WERE KINDLY PROVIDED FOR THE BLOG FEATURES.
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVORITE PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN LAVENDER?
Oh, please let me know how do you like the Field Guide To Beauty series, and if you have any specific quires for ingredients to talk about, I would love to hear your thoughts!
P.S. : don’t miss an opportunity to take part in my new giveaway with a really awesome prize – Graydon skincare collection (over $120 value!).