My birthday weekend (like it’s a “thing”) we spent in Portland. Just the two of us exploring the city, consuming way too much way too good caffeine, inhaling crisp fresh air and squeezing in some high quality naps at the hotel. As it often happens during travels, at some point I prefer to document the city with my eyes rather than with my camera, so I came back with more memories rather than photos… Keep reading for some Weekend in Portland tips on where to stay, what to eat and where to get your very best coffee experience in the oasis of bricks and eco-friendliness.
We had only two days in Portland and way too many great spots to visit (thanks for all those recommendations on my Instagram!). In the opposite to Los Angeles, Portland is super walkable and extremely comfortable in terms of public transport (frankly speaking, my first and one of the greatest impressions of our Portland trip!). However, location for such a short trip is really important to me. After a proper research, we decided to trust our comfort to the Hotel Vintage Kimpton (we had an amazing previous experience with the Kimpton hotel while our last year trip to Seattle).
Located right in the heart of Downtown Portland, Hotel Vintage got all our exploring needs covered – from the greatest quality crisp and soft sheets to rest our heads (lately, hotel bed is something I crave too often), nicely curated mini-bar (in addition to a very cool *may I say hipster-ish* bar in the lobby), indulgence-ready bathroom with Atelier Bloem essentials (definitely one of the things that matter a lot to me personally), very friendly and helpful staff, complimentary coffee in the early mornings and THE VIEWS! We stayed at the SkyLoft that totally stole my heart:
My skincare travel essentials were down to minimum:
- Kari Gran Cleansing Oil + Toner which are part of the Kari Gran Try Kit. Tried them for the very first time more than a year ago and love having these on my trips!
- Soul Sunday x Urban Outfitters Eye Roller (that apparently was a limited edition and is not in the store anymore) – it’s been my go-to morning eye treatment for a while now!
- Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 – just started using this gem a couple weeks ago and my combination skin couldn’t have had a better support during these hot summer days.
- Tata Harper mini essentials – the Revitalizing body oil + the Beautifying Face Oil (take a look at the Tata Harper skincare collection available at Sephora)
Among the places we visited and LOVED while our weekend in Portland:
- Mother’s Bistro&Bar, 212 SW Stark St. Recommended by the Hotel Vintage staff, we headed to Mother’s for a fulfilling breakfast and we got just that! Definitely be ready to wait, it’s quite a busy place (even though we were there on Friday). Loved their tout as a “best hangover breakfast spot”!
- Roman Candle Baking Co, 3377 SE Division St. Another great breakfast place we discovered while exploring the South East side of Portland which is very, very indie (in the best way possible!). Go for Stumptown coffee, Salmon bagel and pizza!
- Orn Hansen, 2627 SE Clinton St. His/Hers general store essentials. Go for high quality curated goods, leave with a one of a kind vintage piece (in my case). Quick snap right here.
- Menagerie Shop, 2880 SE Division St. Experience the curated selection of green beauty, skin care and makeup (+ some jewelry and home goods!) inside a renovated 1974 vintage Airstream on the busy section of SE Division or shop online from the comfort of your sofa. Another quick snap.
- Coava Coffee, 1300 SE Grand Ave. Go for industrial atmosphere, best-dressed Portland humans (in our subjective opinion) and a good doze of caffeine.
- Case Study Coffee, 802 SW 10th Ave. My absolute favorite. Stop by while exploring the Downtown Portland, choose your favorite coffee and make sure to try one of the house-made signature syrups. Almond milk latte + vanilla bean syrup, just saying.
Yossi is rocking his Knot To Self “The Knot Always Right” Finger Statement.
Hope you’ll find these tips useful for your next Weekend in Portland!
[ Special thanks to the Hotel Vintage Kimpton for such a warm stay! ]
See y’all soon!