I am not quite sure how to turn down my raving mind before I start sharing this with you, but I will try. OMG is not exactly in me vocabulary anyways, but if it would – I would most definitely start this new beauty post with it. Let me just tell you this : I’ve got a million bucks face feeling right now, and here is the reason why. I’ve got to test out the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation*, and yes, it is totally a
face game changer.
Hourglass Cosmetics is a luxury performance makeup company based in Venice, California. If you haven’t seen yet their signature Modernist eyeshadow palette* you’re definitely missing out on some pure art. Also, Los Angeles locals and visitors, make sure to stop by Hourglass store on Abbot Kinney, their space can be easily compared to an art gallery, it’s THAT good!
So having Hourglass on TLV Birdie Blog today means celebration of luxurious makeup that matches with my current state of mind and core theme of the blog : less stuff, better stuff. I truly believe that simple living of a modern woman means learning how to pick the best, and leave the rest. Outside of a clean home, clean makeup bag, clean wardrobe. Do you agree?
Here are 5 reasons why you will fall in love with the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation* :
1. Miraculous texture – liquid foundation that transforms into velvety powder. Feels like a mousse, really light and airy. For a personal reference : it is really important for me to NOT to feel like I am actually wearing makeup. Especially considering the fact that I work from home, and makeup is kinda not obligatory (but we all know for the sake of productivity it kinda is).
2. Thoughtfully formulated for oily skin, it provides a matte finish and absorbs excess oil throughout the day – leaving no need for touchups. I use it with my Jane Iredale Smooth Affair primer* ( check out it’s appearance on TLV Birdie Blog.)
3. Super easy to apply – brush or fingertips do the job just right! I actually apply it with my fingertips, and it looks and wears simply flawless.
4. Wide range of shades – available in 16 different tones to choose from, all the way from very fair to deep tan shades. I found my skin tone currently matching the best with the Natural (light / medium with pink undertones), Shell also works for me (really close to Natural, but with neutral undertones – thus, I believe it is a quite popular shade).
5. It is free of parabens, fragrance, oil, synthetic dyes and not tested on animals. Note that Hourglass is not a green beauty brand (in case you’ve noticed that I mostly talk, use and feature beauty brands as clean as possible), they do not brand themselves as such but they do focus on creating luxury makeup with outstanding performance qualities. Quality and performance are extremely important in makeup for me, and balancing between green and non-green beauty brands is sort of a place that feels comfortable for me at the moment (no fanaticism, right?).