Phew, that was one busy week! It was fully dedicated to creative work – our Knotably studio is now open for bookings for autumn, Knot To Self summer sale was a blast and some of the new, exciting photography projects are on the horizon for TLV Birdie brand collaborations! Not just that, Yossi’s parents are visiting us in Los Angeles, so my days actually look like an endless Californian vacation. At least on my Instagram, where I’ve been sharing so many local gems and visual reasons to fall in love with LA, again and again!
To be honest, it’s been hot like hell here in Los Angeles. Naturally, three words that can best describe my current Weekly Favorites situation are : fresh, green and clean. So I’ll be sharing my six favorite green beauty products I got to discover and to fall in love with during this past week. Sending some fresh vibes your way!
- One of my all time favorite Lush solid shampoo bars – Seanik ($11,95). What to love about it : extreme volume, charming sea scent and a really sexy hair feeling! Easy to travel with, and it lasts for a notably long time (just make sure to place it into a container). Green beauty label geeks would say it is not “green and clean” enough, however I can’t stop loving Lush shampoos and find them the best for my hard-to-manage hair. And I personally don’t see a reason why should I stop, correct me if I am wrong. My beauty agenda has it’s well defined borders of “greenER and cleenER”, but when it comes to Lush… na-ah, you don’t want to go there. If you are looking for a new shampoo regimen – I say go for Lush!
- Discovery of the week – Henne Organics Luxury Lip Balm ($22). If you read my blog for a while, you may probably know that I have a teeny-tiny obsession for lip balms, and well, any sort of healing, comforting, moisturizing balms! Henne Organics created an extremely soothing, multi-tasking balm (yep, not only for your lips!) that is 99% organic (USDA Organic approved) and formulated with 7 beneficial elements – Avocado oil, Coconut oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter fruit, Cocoa seed butter, Jojoba seed oil and Vitamin E. Soft scent and gorgeously melting texture of this balm are seriously addictive! Invest in the soft lips right now and take advantage of 25% OFF on Henne Organics Lip Balm with the code “BIRDIE”, from me and Henne Organics, to you, darling beauty birdies!:)
- Speaking of balms, it’s been a while since I’ve introduced you to the Art Of Organics “Polished” gift box on my Instagram (that is still available in the store!) and since then I’ve been falling deeper and deeper for the products that it contained. Like the Captain Blankenship Avocado & Peppermint Cuticle&Foot balm ($24). It’s a true mani-pedi gem, my friends! This balm takes wonderful care of dry cuticles, feet, along with elbows and other spots you’d want to cover with a velvety, extra-nourishing touch of botanical (read: healing) blend of ingredients – Shea butter, Avocado oil, Rosehip seed oil, Jojoba oil, Beeswax, non-GMO Vitamin E, essential oils of peppermint, sweet orange, myrhh. By the way, Art of Organics has revealed a new box in their gorgeously curated online store – “Refresh”, take a moment to check it out!
- Next item on my beauty shelf is Murad Clarifying Body Spray* ($40). To be honest, I can’t imagine summer hikes, trips to the beach and other activities that involve sun, sand and sweat, without this secret helper! Murad skincare has been on my beauty radar for a while since this first introduction and I must admit, their products take a very important place in my beauty regimen. It has a very loyal to the skin active acne treatment percentage – 0,5 Salicylic Acid, that helps to reduce uninvited blemishes and prevent future breakouts. It also contains cooling Menthol and Blue Lotus extract to help purify the pores and sooth the irritated skin. A must in your summer getaway bag.
- A new addition to my greener and cleaner makeup bag of the last week was W3ll People Expressionist Bio-Extreme mascara ($24). Which could be yours too if you enter our new giveaway with Carbon Beauty with a truly pampering collection of W3ll People makeup as a prize! Bring on the black, long, striking lashes!
- So many face oils to try, discover and incorporate into a daily natural skincare routine, and I’ve tried quite a bunch by now. It’s great to rotate them and match your current skin condition with different oils. I am enjoying the Tata Harper Beautifying Face Oil ($48) during these summer days as it feels super light on the skin, smells real Jasmine and delivers energizing, brightening and long-lasting moisturizing properties to the skin. You’ll find Brown Algae extract, Camellia flower oil, Alfalfa extract, Olive oil, Calendula flower extract and other beautifying botanical components in the ingredient list. Feels truly luxurious on the skin, and also works as a fine primer before applying makeup!
This post contains PR samples
Links marked with * are affiliate links
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR SUMMER FAVORITE GREEN BEAUTY PRODUCTS?
SAY HELLO TO TLV BIRDIE ON
P.S.: SIGN UP TO RECEIVE TLV Birdie CURATED NEWS ON CLEAN AND SIMPLE LIVING RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX: