If your every morning ritual starts with a decent cup of coffee and no other way, here’s my high five to you. We, caffeinated ladies, should stick together. We know it’s not the healthiest thing we could do to our bodies, so we should keep in minds to balance with water, fresh fruits and other green and healthy stuff. But let’s not cross the coffee from our list on the way to a cleaner living and dig a bit deeper to find out how the black gold, the bright side of our gloomy early mornings can serve our bodies some real good purpose.
Coffee can do GOOD. Let me just quickly mention my true dedication to One Love Organics Morning Glory* caffeinated serum || my review here || that boosts energy to my face and wipes away puffy, sleepy mirror reflection in seconds. Why? Because opposed to drinking coffee, topically it acts faster and targets swelling and inflammation.
And so you can do GOOD with coffee! Because one of the world’s most lovable homemade body scrub DIYs is here for you, to get your skin silky smooth and toned. Here’s how I do it:
In order to prepare gently polishing, cellulite combating, skin toning and extrrrremely good smelling coffee scrub, you’ll need:
- one cup of coffee grounds (nothing fancy, any mild grounded coffee would work just fine!),
- one spoon of coconut oil (the Mother Nature’s most effective and easy-to-find moisturizer, I would personally recommend Trader Joe’s organic virgin Coconut Oil),
- one spoon of vitamin E oil (to provide the skin with extra source of anti-oxidants and special care for healing, I got mine from Trader Joe’s as well),
- one cup of granulated brown sugar (well, I prefer to feel the scrub doing it’s job so I choose the granulated sugar as an exfoliating component).
Mix all these 4 parts together in a jar, and go enjoy your new polished body! P.S.: you’d probably have to pre-melt the coconut oil, placing it in the room temperature for an hour usually do the work.
Here are two pre-made 100% natural coffee scrubs to look at if you’re not in the mood of making your own :
- amazingly special in terms of aroma Fig and Yarrow Cardamon + Coffee scrub || my review here ||,
- another personal favorite is Nativo Coffee Body Scrub that currently went on a wish list mode but hopefully will be restocked soon || my thoughts here ||.
Field Guide to Beauty series is a weekly project on TLV Birdie Blog in collaboration with a-mazingly talented illustrator Kelsey aka Kelzuki. See more of Kelsey’s work here and make sure to visit her Instagram gallery, it’s a beauty!