I am a complete amateur in everything that concerns cooking. Though after I got married to the best man in the world, my desire to experiment and treat my beloved one with tasty organic food constantly grows. I’ve already improved my skills on preparing vegetarian lunches and simple breakfasts, and then comes that time of the day when we crave for something sweet. I took the challenge and prepared a banana&nuts bread. It is actually super simple to make, and some of you asked for a recipe on my Instagram when I uploaded a pic “just from the oven”, so here you go.
For making banana & nuts bread you’ll need:
– 3 mashed overripe bananas
– 1 cup of brown sugar ( I did 1/4 less to make it less sweet, so you can fix the sweetness level with 1/4 less or 1/4more)
– 1,5 cup of all-purpose flour
– 3 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of baking soda
– crushed almonds and pecans ( or any other nuts you like)
– raw honey
– raw honey
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C).
– Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter and cover with a pinch of flour.
– Mash 3 bananas in a cup till you got an even consistence.
– Mix in a big bowl mashed bananas, flour, sugar, baking soda and eggs until well blended. Add nuts and some honey, and blend again. ( I also added a little bit of water to moist , about 2 tablespoons or so).
– Stir into a loaf pan (that you greased with butter before) and add some crushed nuts on the top.
– Bake in preheated oven for an hour. It is ready when you put a toothpick into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
* Try to serve a slice of banana bread with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
* Next time I’ll probably try to make it with a whole wheat flour.
Enjoy your coffee-break with homemade banana bread, and feel free to let me know how it came out if you tried to bake it yourself.